Monday, August 24, 2009

With love from the little red sketchbook.

Hey! My goal is to post something on here at least every two weeks!! Let's see if I can do it!

Last Saturday when I went to see Megafaun and Bowerbirds at The ArtsCenter. I keep a small sketchbook in my purse most of the time and at the show I started drawing the bands. It was really fun and I think I'll continue doing it in the future. I'll probably have to stand closer to the stage though. o_o;

This is Megafaun; they were wonderful on stage and I'm listening to their CD right now. They were also a lot of fun to draw I think this batch of sketches came out very nicely. I love to draw like this, but as you can tell they lack clarity.



These sketches are of Bowerbirds. They didn't come out as well as I had hoped. Maybe its because the room became crowded and I had a harder time seeing the stage or I was thinking about it too much.






Here are my favorites from the rest of the sketchbook. The first two are doodles of the main character of a story I'm plotting out in my head. Her name is Anatida or Anadtidae and she is the bodyguard to the Vermilion Princess of Tuonela.




1 comment: